Welcome to the Black Company Wiki
Welcome to the encyclopedia of the Black Company series novels and short stories. Established in February 2012, this is a free and unofficial resource that anyone can contribute to. Structured to be a comprehensive "series bible", this project does not contain fan fiction, but talented fan artwork is welcomed.
WARNING: Please be aware this wiki contains UNMARKED SPOILERS! for all books in the series.
CAUTION: The Black Company series contains mature themes and content (15+ recommended)
About the Series
The Black Company series of novels and short stories by Glen Cook charts the exploits of a mercenary band fighting in various bloody wars and conflicts. Its claim to fame is the voice in which it is told – real soldiers talking like real soldiers. First published in the 1980s, it was a forerunner in dark fantasy / grimdark fiction, which includes George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series, Steven Erikson's Malazan novels, and Kentarou Miura's Berserk.
The Black Company series/Cover gallery is a one-of-a-kind survey of the covers of this famous series. It showcases the wide variety of art, the long publication history of the series, as well as the diversity of languages into which these novels have been translated. See all the covers of the individual novels and the omnibuses in one place, organized chronologically and by language.
Like all fan-operated wikis, this project is a labor of love, and contributions from all Black Company fans are tremendously appreciated. If you would like to become involved in improving and expanding the Black Company Wiki visit our Community page and Tutorial page. If you are new to this wiki please read our Community and Editing Policies page, and if you have any questions just ask one of our Administrators. To get started visit these pages for adding New Pages, Links and general Editing.
- Coming soon... new Portuguese translation: the publisher Saida de Emergência in Portugal continues with its translation of the Black Company series... The White Rose will be published in European Portuguese on 25 September 2020! View the cover here or visit the external link to the publisher's pre-order page.
- New Persian translation (July 2020): Tandis Publishing in Iran continues with its translation of the Black Company novels... Water Sleeps has now been published in Persian!
- Wiki exclusive: as of 7 March 2020, the short story "Bone Eaters" now has a comprehensive summary article!
- New Spanish edition: a new Spanish-language publication of the third novel of the series was released 5 September 2019! The ISBNs are: 9788417671716 for the paperback, and 9788417773632 for the ePub e-book.
- Brand new novel!: Port of Shadows has finally been released after long 18 years! It is available in hardcover, e-book, and audio-book formats. Go forth and read! The Polish translation is projected to be released 1 October 2019.
|“||There is no vengeance as terrible as the vengeance a coward plots in the dark of his heart.||”|
About the Author
Glen Cook (born July 9, 1944) is the author of the Black Company series, along with numerous other science-fiction and fantasy novels. This includes The Dread Empire series, Garrett P.I. and The Instumentalities of the Night.
BlogsSee more >
© All works in the Black Company series covered on this wiki are the copyright of Glen Cook. In addition, all images and artwork shown on this wiki are the copyright of the respective artists and creators. Background art is copyright of Johann Blais. The Black Company Badge Icon is the copyright of Green Ronin Publishing.